The arepp:Theatre for Life will be hosting auditions on Wednesday, 29 November for our upcoming Primary Schools tour in Cape Town during the first school term of 2018. We are looking for performers who have some singing ability (no formal training needed), and who are fluent in both Afrikaans and English.
The Audition Brief is detailed below. Artists need to send their CV’s and current headshot to email@example.com. We will the be in touch to book appointments.
• Formal tertiary training in Performance.
• Singing ability (formal training not essential).
• Young and energetic. Preferably under 25 years of age.
• A keen interest in and commitment to touring Applied Theatre.
• A driver’s license and ability to drive the arepp:Theatre for Life vehicle.
• A flexible, adaptive, out-going personality, and a team player.
• Able to commit full-time during the day (including Saturdays) and to touring away from home.
• Written and conceptual ability in English (for training and report writing).
• Fluent in both Afrikaans & English
• Wednesday, 29 November 2017 | Time TBC
• Three hour group audition – ALL ARRIVE AT THE SAME TIME
• Audition will include a facilitation game and an issue related discussion; puppetry workshop and improvisation, presentation of prepared monologues, and possible additional call-backs and interviews.
• By appointment only.
• Send a CV with a current photograph, and book an appointment.
• Prepare the Monologue (which we will send to you).
• Wear relaxed movement clothing and trainers.
• Bring Drivers license (as proof thereof).
• Training & Rehearsals: 20 January 2018 — 03 February 2018
• Performance: 05 February 2018 — 23 March 2016
• Touring: Cape Town Primary Schools
• This will be sent to you following receipt of your CV when booking an appointment.
The entire project is funding dependent, and therefore subject to change. arepp:Theatre for Life provides the vehicle and covers touring transport, per diem and accommodation costs.
Please send your CV and current headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you to book appointments.
Emails must be received no later than 30th Nov 2017
Please note: This audition is not associated with Actor Spaces.